"By collaborating with others in works of mercy, we continually learn from them how to be more merciful."
-- Constitutions, Sisters of Mercy
As one of the first charitable groups to care for the sick in the early history of this country, the Sisters of Mercy founded many hospitals. To these pioneers of nursing, caring for patients was an art and a profession. High healthcare standards and levels of care achieved by these early sisters continue to serve today as models for several nationally recognized healthcare systems.
- Catholic Healthcare Federation, sponsor of Catholic Health Initiatives (Denver, CO)
- Catholic Health Ministries, sponsor of Trinity Health (Novi, MI)
- Scripps Mercy Hospitals (San Diego and Chula Vista, CA)
- Catholic Healthcare West (San Francisco, CA)
- Provena Health (Chicago, IL)
- Mercy Hospital (Chicago, IL)
- Mercy Hospital (Iowa City, IA
- Mercy Medical Center (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Elder Care Alliance (Oakland, CA)